Megeve, France, France Map
Butler and Lloyd are an independent tour operator who specialise in skiing and Jamaica. We run our own family friendly holidays (in Courmayeur and Val Thorens this Winter 2017!) and also work with a handpicked selection of villas, chalets and hotel. We like to talk to all our clients and form an insight into your holiday needs so please call us and we will provide the following:-
- First hand experience of all our properties
- Specialist experience of childcare and child friendly properties
- Many years experience in the travel industry
THE RESORT: Megeve
Top reasons to visit Megeve
- Megeve is a beautiful French resort with stunning scenery and some lovely skiing.
- Brilliant short transfer time from Geneva airport
- Some of the best restaurants in the Alps including Michelin star restaurants
- Every year it hosts Winter Polo in January – an exceptional site
- The lift pass also includes Les Contamines
- Now has a trendy ‘Folie Douce’ of its very own, the perfect spot for apres ski drinks
- For non skiers Megeve has fabulous shops, window shopping or not the streets are full of designer labels and there’s much to look at.
We know Megeve well having run chalets in this area for a number of years before moving back to the UK – when we visited this December, the resort looked beautiful – tucked up under a blanket of fresh snow making everything glisten and entice you to stay. We visited our old staff apartment which is now a smart five bedroom property with converted basement too – bringing back fond memories of old days. Whilst in Megeve we hunted for new ski googles, relishing in all the choices on offer in the shops – I liken the shopping in Megeve to shopping in Oxford Street but with style – so much choice and no bustling queues of people.
We sadly didn’t ski as we visited before the first lifts open on 14th December but had a quick visit to the pool in Megeve which is a must see for any families – there’s so much to do at the sports centre, you can play tennis, rock climbing, aqua bike or just swim. As it’s centrally located the sports centre is easy to find and popular.